Regulations and certification
- Is a certification of my equipment necessary when using a certified TR transceiver?
The customer is obliged to have applicable certification done. The final equipment must be certified as a whole.
IQRF TR transceivers are certified which helps the user in two ways:
- It ensures that RF requirements will be accomplished (TR module will be no causal agent of certification refusal).
- The certification body usually takes the TR module pre-certification into consideration. The certification cost is lower then.
- Where can I find certificates and test reports for TRs?
All certificates are available on TR product pages. TR test reports may be provided on request.
- What is the EU standard for the license-free bands?
It is defined in CEPT/ERC/REC 70-03 relating to the use of short-range devices (SRD), on the Implementing Decision of the European Commission 2011/829/EU. You should always take into account possible subsequent amendments.
- Do TRs meet the regulations required for wireless fire alarms?
Wireless fire alarms in EU must observe the EN 54-25:2008, subclause 4.2.4. regulation. The TR-77D family with SAW filter for extended blocking of unwanted signals meet these requirements. It is intended for fire sensors and similar applications.
- There is an extra regulation in my country. Is it possible to implement it into IQRF?
Ask IQRF Sales. E.g. there are special TR versions intended for Israel.