Example 4: Wireless upload
- TR-52BA 1 pc
- RC-04 1 pc
- CK-USB-04 1 pc
RF PGM upload
Application program can be uploaded into IQRF transceivers even wirelessly. This IQRF highlight is called ICWPTM (In-Circuit Wireless Programming). It is convenient for TRs which can not be plugged in a programmer (soldered, inaccessible etc.). RF PGM means a great advantage especially for network development. All nodes can be programmed at once in a few seconds. For development of huge networks it is a must.
- Programmer: CK-USB-04 with TR-52BA, RFPGMCK plug-in inside, connected to PC with IQRF IDE Upload and C04-TX.hex loaded
- Programmed device: transceiver inside RC-04 (TR-52BA compatible)
RF PGM upload is completely described in the AN009
Application note. Details can also be found at RC-04 User's guide
- Press pushbuttons 3 and 4 for more than 5 s to enter RF PGM mode
- Press pushbutton 2 for more than 0.7 s to leave RF PGM mode
- RC-04 indicates RF PGM mode by short red LED flashes in 2 s period
- Transmitter: RC-04, C04-TX example inside
- Receiver: CK-USB-04 with TR-52BA, C03-RX example inside
- Transmitter: The controller stays in sleep mode allowing wake-up by a pushbutton.
- Packet "0" is sent whenever the pushbutton 1 is shortly pressed. Green LED indicates every transmit.
- Packet "1" is sent whenever the pushbutton 1 is pressed for more than 2 s. Red LED indicates every transmit.
- Receiver: Permanently attempts to receive RF packets. LEDs indicate every receipt:
- Green: "0" received
- Red: "1" received
Optimized for the transmitter power consumption.
View source: C04-TX (116 machine instructions), C03-RX (20 machine instructions)